If you have a 1/72 Alpha Jet E model to complete, but are not excited by the kit’s markings, it’s worth considering the new options from ASK Distribution.
Whether you plan to assemble the new tooling by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP), or older kits by the likes of Matchbox or Heller-Humbrol, the trio of new decal sets from ASK Distribution will undoubtedly pique your interest. The Czech firm has released dedicated items catering for French and Belgian Alpha Jet Es, with special liveries in abundance.
D72018 Alpha Jet E Belgian Air Force, Armée de l’Air Part 1 offers the following:
• 705-TA, Ecole de l’aviation de chasse, French Air Force, Tours, France, 2017. Features tail décor celebrating SPA 85 ‘La Folie’, with artwork of the unit badge, plus the heads of three World War One pilots of SPA 85 – Eugene j Bullard, Mark Limasset and Arthur C Kimber
• 120-FO, EE 2/2 Côte d’or, French Air Force, Cazaux, France, 2015. Special tail marking the 100th anniversary of the unit SPA 57
• AT 18, Belgian Air Force, Ursel, Belgium, 2017
D72019 Alpha Jet E Belgian Air Force, Armée de l’Air Part 2
• AT 22, Belgian Air Force, Beauvechain, Belgium, March 2021
• AT 18, Belgian Air Force, Kleine Brogel, Belgium, 2005
• 8-MH, 200,000 hours scheme, French Air Force, Meeting de l’air, Cazaux, France, 2005
DT72020 Alpha Jet E Belgian Air Force, Armée de l’Air Part 3
• AT 26, Belgian Air Force, Royal International Air Tattoo, RAF Cottesmore, Rutland, UK, 2001
• AT 12, Belgian Air Force, 75 Years 11 Squadron, Belgium, 1993
• E142/8-LQ, French Air Force, as seen at RAF Brize Norton, UK, December 2019
These are splendid options with bags of colour; arguably, one build won’t be enough with so much inspiration on offer. Each sheet costs €12.30, available direct from ASK Distribution, but they are also with Hannants in the UK.