'D' decorated samples debut
The collaboration between Locomotion Models, Dapol and Rails of Sheffield have revealed decorated samples of the Wainwright 'D' 4-4-0 for 'OO' gauge. Delivery is now expected in 2021 following final revisions to the livery application.
Seven different versions are being produced with the model of the National Collection's sole-surviving 'D', 737, being available exclusively through Locomotion Models in South Eastern and Chatham Railway lined green. The remaining six have been commissioned by Rails of Sheffield and cover the classes career between 1901 and withdrawal in 1956.
All versions have a Next18 decoder socket accessed via the smokebox door and both DCC fitted and DCC sound fitted options are planned. Other highlights including locomotive drive, sprung buffers, an accessory pack including a plug-in panel for the NEM coupling pocket for use when a front coupling is omitted, a removable coal load and specific tooling variations to suit each locomotive being produced.
Above: 488 in SECR lined green with a silk finish (Cat No. 4S-027-001)
The full list of seven locomotives model:
- 737 in SECR lined green with a semi-gloss finish (Locomotion Models exclusive)
- 488 in SECR lined green with a silk finish (Cat No. 4S-027-001)
- 726 in SECR wartime grey and scraped beading (Cat No. 4S-027-005)
- 1730 in SR olive green (Cat No. 4S-027-002)
- 1734 in SR black with Sunshine lettering (Cat No. 4S-027-006)
- 31731 in BR black with British Railways sunshine lettering (Cat No. 4S-027-003)
- 31574 in BR lined black with early early crests (Cat No. 4S-027-004)
Above: 726 in SECR wartime grey with scraped beading (Cat No. 4S-027-005)
Above: 1734 in SR black with Sunshine lettering (Cat No. 4S-027-006).
Above: 1730 in Southern Railway olive green (Cat No. 4S-027-002).
Above: 31731 in British Railways lettered black (Cat No. 4S-027-003).
Above: 31574 in BR lined black with early crests (Cat No. 4S-027-004).