Heljan reveals 2021 catalogue
The new 2021 Heljan catalogue has been released offering new products for 'OO' and 'O' gauge. The catalogue includes new announcements for steam, diesel and electric era locomotives and rolling stock. Hornby Magazine subscribers can view the new catalogue in PDF format here on KeyModelWorld by following this link.
Headlining the new announcements in the 2021 Heljan catalogue is the announcement of the LMS 50ft inspection saloon for 'O' gauge plus livery details of the Class 02 0-4-0 diesel shunter promised for 'OO' gauge. In addition there are new versions of the LNER 'O2' 2-8-0, Heljan's own versions of the Ruston 165DE 0-6-0 shunter and new versions of the Cargowaggons in both bogie van and flat wagon formats. The catalogue also gathers all of Heljan's announcements from 2020 into one place, including the all-new models of the Class 02, 25, 27 and Class 73/1 for 'O' gauge, Class 02 and 104 for 'OO' and reruns of the Class 37/4, Class 50 and Class 60 for 'O' gauge.
The LMS 50ft Inspection Saloon for 'O' gauge is due for release in 2022 and its specification will include options for LMS or BR B4 bogies to suit era and livery, DCC controlled interior lighting, a 21-pin decoder socket and 12 livery options. They will cover LMS lined crimson (Cat No. 9100), BR carmine and cream (9101), BR lined maroon (9102), BR blue with full yellow ends (9103), BR blue and grey (9104), InterCity (9105), ScotRail (9106), LMS crimson with yellow ends (9107), Loadhaul black and orange (9108), EWS maroon and gold (9109), Regional Railways (9110) and BR carmine and cream with yellow ends (9111). Prices are to be confirmed.
Above: The Ruston 165DE is joining the Heljan catalogue in 2021 as well as the Class 02 0-4-0 shunter for 'OO'.
In 'OO' gauge the Class 02 0-4-0 diesel shunter is to be offered in BR green with wasp stripes and red bufferbeams as D2861 (Cat No. 2840), BR green with wasp stripes and yellow bufferbeams as D2864 (2841), BR green with wasp stripes and no crests as 02004 (2844), industrial yellow (2847) and in industrial green as 'SAM' (2850). The Ruston and Hornsby 165DE is being offered as a mainstream release in industrial yellow (9770) and NCB dark green (9771).
To expand on its 'OO' gauge collection Heljan has announced new versions of the LNER 'O2' 2-8-0 as 'O2/2' 63937 in BR black with late crests with a Great Northern cab and LNER flush-sided tender weathered (Cat No. 3901), 'O2/2' 63938 in British Railways black with a Great Northern cab and tender (3904), 'O2/1' 3481 in LNER post war black with an LNER cab and Great Northern tender (3932), 'O2/1' 63923 in BR black with an LNER cab and stepped tender (3934) and as 'O2/4' 63924 in BR black with an LNER cab and Great Northern tender with a weathered finish (3941).
Liveries for the new 'OO' gauge Class 86/4 and 86/6 have also been announced and will model 86404 in InterCity Executive colours (Cat No. 8640), 86634 University of London in Railfreight Distribution grey (8641), 86416 in Rail Express Systems red and grey (8642), 86426/E3195 in BR retro blue (8643), 86622 in RfD European grey (8644), 86401 Mons Meg in Caledonian Sleeper livery (8645) and 86609 in Freightliner green and yellow (8646).
In addition Heljan has provided an update on expected delivery dates for its previously announced 'OO' and 'O' gauge projects. 2021/2022 will see the following arrive (dates are subject to change):
- L&B Baldwin 2-4-2T Lyn for 'OO9' - quarter one 2021
- Class 33/0 rerun for 'OO' - quarter one 2021
- Class 17 Bo-Bo diesel for 'O' - quarter one 2021
- Class 37/4 rerun for 'O' - quarter one 2021
- GWR railcar for 'OO' and and 'O' - quarter one 2021
- Class 25 Bo-Bo for 'OO' gauge - quarter one/two 2021
- Class 86/0 for 'OO' - quarter two 2021
- Refurbished Class 31 for 'O' - quarter two 2021
- Centre-headcode Class 40 for 'O' - quarter two 2021
- Class 50 rerun for 'O' - quarter two 2021
- BR Mk 1 carriages for 'O' - quarter two 2021
- Class 117/121/122 for 'O' - quarter two/three 2021
- Class 45 for 'OO' - quarter three 2021
- Class 86/4 for 'OO' - quarter three 2021
- Class 47 for 'O' - quarter four 2021
- Class 60 rerun for 'O' - quarter four 2021
- Class 56 for 'O' - quarter four 2021
- Class 47 for 'OO' - quarter four 2021/quarter one 2022
- BR Mk 2 carriages for 'O' - quarter 1 2022
- LNER 'O2' 2-8-0s for 'OO' - quarter two 2022
- BR Mk 1 CCT for 'O' - 2022
Full details of all of Heljan's new 2021 products are listed in its new catalogue which is available to purchase from Heljan retailers for £3 - Hornby Magazine subscribers can view the new 2021 catalogue for FREE exclusively here on KeyModelWorld.